Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Time To Cheer



Wer’e Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!




Yesterday was a banner day for UK fans around the world. Patrick Patterson, the last uncommitted, highly rated high school player announced he would be playing college basketball for the University of Kentucky. Take that Gator and Dookie fans!!!!

Somewhere I am sure Dook Vitale is crying in his stromboli. For the last few years of the Tubby Smith era this is exactly the point where UK has finished in 2nd place. We were runner up for Brandan Wright, Tyler Hansbrough, and Tasmin Mitchell just to name a few. We have never been able to replace the consistent but unspectacular Chuck Hayes.

Check out some highlights of the newest UK Wildcat...



UK is in the midst of the longest Final Four slump in school history. The pressure to get back there was too much for the previous coach to handle. This is why, contrary to what the people at ACCESPN think, he resigned his position. He was not fired or forced out. He left on his own accord to go the equivalent of basketball Siberia where there is no pressure. If he gets 18 wins and goes to the NIT for 2 years straight they will build a statue in his honor. Do that at Kentucky and you might want to keep a low profile in public. That is not right or wrong, just the way it is.

Since hiring Billy Gillespie it has been a whirlwind of good news which is a refreshing change for the program. He has landed 2 of the top players in the country and given UK’s legion of fans hope for the future. He already has a commitment from a top point guard who is only a sophomore in high school. This is something that never did or never would happen under Smith. This was his problem, he always got to these kids too late. Gillespie gets it. You have to get to these kids early and build a relationship. He is young and he gets the internet age teenagers. He texts and e-mails them. Somehow I just can’t see Tubby doing that.

The future is bright for UK basketball and oh how sweet it is. Thank you to the Patrick Patterson family. You made an old man’s heart feel warm again. I know this is waaaaay too important to me, but luckily I am not alone in my passion for UK basketball. How many days until Midnight Madness??? I only have one more thing to say…..


GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your website just now via a search engine.

Anyways, I was curious if you would be interested in a 3 way link exchange. The result of this
exchange would be more people viewing your blog by way of search traffic.

All you need to do is link back to my website http://new-hiphop-songs.com with the anchor text "New Hip Hop Songs"
and send me a email at brandonschlichter@gmail.com with confirmation.

Once I get this, I'll link to your blog from another one of my websites. This will benefit both our websites,
and avoid any penalties from a link exchange. I don't mean to spam you or anything, however I was unable to find the webmaster
or admin email address.

By the way, I love your blog!